in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly
20i are expanding our Technical Support team. The role is based from our recently refurbished offices in the 70-acre woodland park, Ransom Wood in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. Previous experience is beneficial but not required, we're looking for candidates that have a general passion and interest in technology and are interested in learning new skills.
Duties Will Include:
Full training and support will be provided on all duties below, and the successful candidate work towards competency in each area.
* Answering support tickets and live chats.
* Providing support for customer hosting specific issues, including debugging customer sites, to aiding in problem resolution as well as initial setup of sites.
* Maintaining an excellent working relationship within customers.
* Using SSH via a terminal to run Linux based commands and Shell scripts as tools to diagnose and resolve website faults.
* Use phpMyAdmin to resolve MySQL related faults and resolve website problems.
* Use Exim Mail Logs to resolve mail deliverability queries.
* Use a variety of other logs such as HAProxy Logs, ModSecurity Logs, Access Logs and Error Logs to resolve queries.
* Assist in the setup of mailboxes in Mail Clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird and Mac Mail on remote devices such as laptops, tablets and smart phones.
* Diagnose content-management system errors, commonly WordPress and Joomla.
* Develop an excellent understanding of DNS.
* Use and Diagnose problems relating to FTP access.
* Advise about website security and how to use an on-demand Malware within the Web Hosting Control Panel.
* Assist with the installation of SSL certificates.
* Monitor server statuses across the platform and understand key indicators of potential problems.
* Assist with domain name registrations and advise regarding transfer of domain names
* A genuine love for technology.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* A desire to learn and progress through the business.
* 5 GCSE's grade C/5 or above or equivalent.
* Good levels of literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
* Ability to work well within a team and independently.
* Confident and self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude.
The successful candidate will study a Level 3 qualification in IT & Telecoms Professionals Framework. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Hours and Wage:
37.5 Hours per week (08:00 to 16:00)
£168.75 per week
Potential to progress into permanent role
20i supplies hosting for WordPress, website hosting resellers, and virtual private servers (VPS) in addition to a wide range of domain names. Customers purchase web hosting and domain names through 20i and then can resell the products onto their own customers through their own business websites. As a managed hosting provider, 20i provides full Technical Support for the hosting and domains via a ticket system and live chat.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Application deadline:||01 May 2019|
|Start date:||13 May 2019|