Want to improve your maths and English skills?
Need maths and/or English qualifications to improve your chances of getting a job?
Want to help your children with their homework?
At the Source Academy, we can help you learn key functional skills in maths and English, ensuring your needs are met. We offer a range of Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 courses which will refresh your skills and allow you to meet new people.
Enrol on one of our free courses to help you improve your chances of finding a job.
You may be eligible if you are:
- aged 19 or over,
- do not hold a GCSE or entry level qualification in maths or English,
- can commit to full attendance.
The courses will take place at our Meadowhall site which has good transport links including nearby buses, trains and trams.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Prepare for a formal discussion
- Understanding audience, purpose and situation in reading, writing and speaking
- Identify the main points and ideas in a variety of texts
- Understand the point of view, hidden meaning and bias in writing
- Use correct punctuation including commas, apostrophes, and full stops
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals
- Calculate percentage change
- Work with simple ratios to solve problems
- Draw 2-D shapes with correct size of angles
- Use tables, diagrams and charts to show data in easy to understand forms