in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Do you want to work for an award-winning training organisation?
The Source Academy is a leading provider of training, development and conferencing facilities for the local community and businesses in the Sheffield and Leeds City Region. The Source was established in 2003 and since then has built a strong national reputation as a specialist apprenticeship and commercial training provider. We contribute to regional, social and economic regeneration strategies, connecting disadvantaged communities to new economic opportunities.
The Source has exciting and ambitious plans for growth over the next few years and is looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Business Development Team.
Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer's role is to engage employers and manage client accounts, whilst providing help and training support to their workforce.
The successful candidate will have Account Management experience, ideally in a business environment and the training sector. They will have excellent communication skills and strong presentation and negotiation skills. They will also have a desire to engage employers and develop contacts with internal customers and external partners with the ability to lead and shape projects.
Duties will include:
* To arrange initial business meetings and produce a development plan
* Communicating with and visit local companies, managers and key organisations to gain additional business, promote and sell the facilities including corporate package deals and training programmes Communicating with partners in order to arrange provision to fulfil client needs
* Developing contacts from both internal and external customers
* Developing existing relationships
* Referral of clients to internal departments
* Developing new businesses directly from internally generated leads
Skills and Experience required:
* A minimum of one-year account management experience in a field-based role, or similar
* Proven track record of delivering public and commercial contracts
* Experience in creating business development plans
* Knowledge of a broad spectrum of business sectors
* An understanding of the Apprenticeship Sector and of Levy/Co finance
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 2 years.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Job Level:||Team Member|
|Application deadline:||25 January 2019|