in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Community Engagement Officer
Initially fixed term for 6 months.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to support the Learner Engagement Team with the planning and co-ordination of the British Land funded, Bright Lights project.
The successful person will be responsible for supporting the co-ordination of all aspects of the project working closely with and reporting directly to the Learner Engagement Manager.
The main tasks will include:-
* Visiting sites and establishing a strong relationship with shopping centre managers and site teams to ensure they are fully committed to working closely with The Source to ensure the successful delivery of this project
* Having established the relationship with site teams, working with the Retail and Hospitality occupiers at each site to secure their buy-in to the success of the project by offering and supporting work placement opportunities
* Carrying out risk assessments prior to work placement starting
* Providing IAG and supporting learners on the Bright Lights programme
* Establishing links with local community groups, JCP and local partners in each geographical are to encourage them to refer suitable young people to the programme (15 young people required to take part at each location) and to strengthen the British Land/Shopping Centre brand
* Organising and facilitating the assessment/taster sessions with the Schools and Community team
* Visiting each shopping centre site and making arrangements to ensure suitable local delivery premises are available for the delivery of the programme and booking rooms as appropriate
* Co-ordinating the guest list for each Celebration event scheduled for the last day of each programme, possibly including the sending out and receiving back of invitations
* Booking the venue for the Celebration event
* Supporting with the delivery of the programme to provide pastoral care and IAG to the young people (teaching skills and qualifications are not required for this role)
* Providing regular reports and updates on progress at each site which will be used to inform British Land
* Gather information for testimonials from all participants to feed into press release/social media articles etc. including organising photography (this will require close liaison with City Press the PR company commissioned by British Land)
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate they have the following skills:
* Strong organisation skills with an ability to plan and work to tight deadlines
* A strong ability to communicate with people at all levels
* Experience of analysing data and writing reports and evaluations
* IT literate - experience of using Word, Excel and outlook
* A thorough understanding of the wider business of The Source
* Preferable although not essential, a Retail/Hospitality background
* Experience of community engagement
* Proven ability to liaise with partners and stakeholders
* Be able to manage time and conflicting priorities
It should also be noted this role will involve significant travel outside of the Sheffield area and may involve overnight stays. All travel and accommodation expenses will be fully reimbursed.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Job Level:||Team Member|
|Application deadline:||06 January 2019|