in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have drive and ambition? Here at Heron we believe that your development is our future and our apprenticeships are a great place to start! We currently have a Supply Chain Apprenticeship vacancy within our Head Office based at Melton, and we are looking for you to be a part of our success story!
Duties Will Include:
* To support the various teams and learn new skills across the department of Buying/Merchandising and to develop knowledge and skills to gain confidence and understanding to then have input in the day to day flow of work.
* To visit Stores on a regular basis and to assess the product availability and store layouts, gaining experience of the environments and challenges they work in.
* Feedback on store visits and come up with appropriate solutions.
* Complete general administration duties in line with the relevant departments, with tasks such as Data input stock information, Action/query invoices, Produce/support the process of producing relevant POS for stores to display,
* Understand supplier calendars and promotional dates/themes.
* Build and maintain relationships across the organisation, and externally with Suppliers.
* To assist in the process of new store openings and re-fits alongside the Merchandisers/Space Planners.
* Understand planograms at both Heron Foods and B&M.
* Analyse data from sales and stock etc.
* To have an overview of the role of a Specialist Buyer and support with any linked tasks such as Product Waste, New Ranges, Consumer Feedback, Supplier Management, Stock Level Reporting and Presentations.
* Willingness to learn
* Client Focus
* Good communicator
* Problem solving and judgement
* Results orientation
* Working well as a team
* Good I.T Literacy skills (Excel, Outlook and Word)
* Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work to deadlines
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as Work Based Learning within the workplace.
Hours and Wage:
37.5 hours per week
£187.50 per week
Progression to a permanent role.
Heron Foods are committed to providing top quality products at the lowest possible prices every day in every store. Heron Foods have one of the fastest changing ranges of discounted products in the U.K. We are constantly striving to improve how we operate.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Application deadline:||19 March 2019|
|Start date:||01 April 2019|