What is the Kickstart Scheme?
Get funding to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds through the kickstart scheme.
The UK Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion government-funded campaign that aims to provide support for young people seeking employment across all industries and sectors.
We help employers receive funding and additional support through our kickstart gateway.
By creating new employer grants, the kickstart programme aims to encourage employers to join a national effort to get young people into employment. The Kickstart Scheme provides a six-month paid placement for young people between the ages of 16-24 who are currently in receipt of Universal Credit and/or at risk of long-term unemployment.
How does the Kickstart Program Work
The Kickstart Employment Scheme applies to anyone aged 16-24 claiming universal credit, however, each vacancy must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for funding.
The job placements created with funding from the Kickstart programme must be new jobs. Kickstart jobs must not:
- Replace existing or planned vacancies
- Cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
Jobs created through the kickstart scheme must:
- Be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group
- Only require basic training
For each kickstart job placement, the employer must help the young adult professionally develop their employability skills, such as:
- Helping them to search for long-term work
- Offering career advice and setting goals
- Support writing their curriculum vitae (CV) and interview preparations
- Developing their skills in the workplace
Businesses that participate in the kickstart programme will receive £1,500 funding per job placement to cover job setup, support and training, which we can help deliver through our employability package, including:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- The associated employer National Insurance contributions
- The employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
Participating businesses will also receive a £1,500 incentive per job placement to cover job setup, support and training, which we can help deliver through our employability package, including:
- A pre-employment program before the kickstart employee starts with you, which is fully funded by us.
- Employability support throughout the six-month programme
- A dedicated account manager who will help you through every stage of the process
- We have access to over 130 online free courses all offered at no additional cost to yourself (some worth up to £1000!)
- At the end of 6 months, we can provide advice on the next steps for the participant, including progression into an apprenticeship, retaining the person or supporting them in alternative work
How do I apply for the Kickstart Scheme?
If you are looking to create fewer than 30 Kickstart jobs, you can easily apply through our Kickstart Gateway. Once you’ve completed your kickstart scheme application, The Source Academy will apply for kickstart funding on your behalf, as well as stepping in with support during the employment and application process
To register interest or for more information, complete the kickstart scheme application form below today or email email@example.com. Help Kickstart a young person’s career that will benefit your organisation.
Click the link below for an example application:
Complete the form below today and help Kickstart a young person’s career that will benefit your organisation: