Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly.
This business is looking to recruit a Procurement Apprentice to support the day-to-day management of the Procurement process. If you are hard working, enthusiastic and want to forge a career, this could be the role for you!
Duties Will Include
- Convert requirements into purchase orders on the system
- Work with the business to address any purchasing-related issues
- Perform general maintenance on existing purchase orders
- Respond to purchase orders enquiries from outside stakeholders
- Support the management of the overall purchasing process
- Update and maintain purchasing agreements
- Coordinate Purchasing Agreement expiry dates and liaise with the buyers to amend as instructed
- Sourcing support including, but not limited to: Investigating Potential Suppliers | Gathering sourcing information | Assisting with supply market and spend analysis
- Assist with price variance queries
- Provide administrative support to the Capital Expenditure program
- Support and facilitate the supplier on-boarding process
- Support the duties of other Procurement Team members as required
- Be tenacious, pro active and a problem solver
- Hard working
- Willing to learn new skills
- GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- 2 A Level passes, or equivalent
- Interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Numerate with strong analytical skills
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to effectively interact with internal customers
- Be tenacious, pro active and a problem solver, showing initiative and ideas
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience is preferred, as is A Levels predominantly in STEM based subjects
- Good level of Mathematical skills
- Good level of Microsoft Office, such as Word and Excel
- Able to effectively plan and organise
The successful candidate will study a Business Administrator Standard. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Hours and Wage
35 Hours Per Week. Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
£206.50 Per Week
Excellent opportunities for progression within the department, the branch, the UK and worldwide
This business provides logistics and environmental services for industry. They work at over 130 customer locations across 32 countries.