in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Project Funding and Compliance Officer
£22-£27K per annum dependent upon skills and experience
Do you want to work for an award winning training organisation?
The Source Academy is a leading provider of training, development and conferencing facilities for the local community and businesses in the Sheffield and Leeds City Region. The Source was established in 2003 and since then has built a strong national reputation as a specialist apprenticeship and commercial training provider. We contribute to regional, social and economic regeneration strategies, connecting disadvantaged communities to new economic opportunities.
The Source has exciting and ambitious plans for growth over the next few years and is looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Operations Team.
The Project Funding and Compliance Officer will be responsible for the compliance, funding and administration of The Source Academy's externally funded projects.
It will involve daily liaison with external prime contractors, managing agents, Associates and The Source Academy's Quality and Compliance team, to ensure compliance with contract and quality assurance requirements.
The role will involve working with delivery teams and staff to ensure all learner and organisation data, documentation and information, is fully compliant. Submission of data returns in line with the contract requirements. The role will include producing financial and quality management reports for funding projects on a regular basis.
The role will work internally with the Quality and Compliance team to support as required quality audit and monitoring activities with funded projects. The role will involve regular contact with delivery staff and managers to update participant progress on The Source Academy's MIS system.
Duties will include:
* To lead on project funding, compliance and administration, involving externally funded contracts, particularly EU funded programmes.
* To be the central operational communication contact for external contracts and projects for The Source Academy. This will include internal communication with staff, and the operational link for the project funding partners.
* To regularly check, update and maintain learner data systems (PICs and ESyNCS) to ensure both front-end and reference data is kept current, complete and accurate.
* To regularly generate and process learner data liaising with delivery staff as appropriate to ensure all errors are corrected and returns are completed in line with prescribed schedules and deadlines.
* To regularly update the Quality and Compliance team and other managers with monthly data reports received from our prime contractors and managing agents, identifying contract and project KPIs, including compliance error reporting.
* To be proactive and bring issues or ideas for improvement regarding data quality and compliance to the attention of the Quality and Compliance team.
* To prepare for and support internal and external audits relating to learner records systems and data as directed by the Quality and Compliance team
* To assist in the contract and project document compliance training with delivery staff and work with other staff and teams at The Source Academy to enhance quality and compliance.
* Ensuring learner and customer data is stored, accessed and processed in line with GDPR requirements.
* To attend and participate in meetings, including project groups and attend external training with funding partners
Skills and Experience required:
* 5 GCSEs at Grade C & above
* GCSE Grade C & above or equivalent in English, Maths & IT
* Evidence of ongoing professional development
* Level 3 qualification(s) (Desirable)
* Supervisory or management qualification (Desirable)
* A good level of administration and IT skills
* Demonstrable knowledge and implementation of ESF funding rules
* Track record of working with funding agencies and partners
* Ability to work methodically with large volumes of information to a high level of accuracy
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Ability to quickly digest new information and adapt swiftly and positively to change
* Able to promote Equal Opportunities in practice
* Experience of working with Microsoft Office products, including Excel
* Experience of managing the compliance of EU funded projects
* Experience of working with computerised administration systems & following procedures
* Experience of working in an administrative, financial and/or compliance environment.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Job Level:||Team Member|
|Application deadline:||30 April 2019|