in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly.
To work as a sales/retail apprentice within the Shipley branch of this national company.
Duties Will Include
* Greeting customers who enter the shop.
* Providing help and advice to customers where ever it is needed.
* Developing product knowledge on carpets, vinyl, laminate, wood flooring and beds, in order to provide the best information and advice to customers, and maximise sales.
* Being familiar with, and competent at completing all quotation and sales related paperwork.
* Operating all relevant computer based systems required to place orders.
* Involvement in stock control and management.
* Keeping up to date with promotions and offers
* Being responsible for processing cash and card payments
* Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
* Replenishment and merchandising
* Keeping the store tidy and clean
* Helping to merchandise the shop
* Answering the telephone
* Arranging deliveries with clients
* Arranging pickups/deliveries with the driver
* You will be a reliable and enthusiastic person with a professional attitude and smart appearance.
* You should have excellent communication skills and telephone manner with the desire to work in a team environment.
* You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Retail. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Hours and Wage
40 Hours per Week. Monday to Sunday. 5 days per week on weekend rota. 9am - 5pm.
£180.00 per Week
Potential for successful candidate to progress into permanent position
United Carpets Group PLC is the third largest chain of specialist retail carpet and floor covering stores in the U.K. Unlike many of its competitors, the Business is based on a franchise model. The business commenced trading in 1997 and in 1998 the first franchised store was created. At 19 February 2018 the Group had a total of 58 stores of which 50 are operated by franchisees.
|Vacancy Type:||Retail Sales|
|Application deadline:||05 December 2018|
|Start date:||10 December 2018|