in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
We require an enthusiastic and committed Trainer to deliver of high-quality training events.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver training both on site and at locations across the country.
Duties will include:
* Plan and deliver all courses, using methods and materials appropriate to the learner group and course content. Ensure all schemes of work and lesson plans are reviewed and updated and are available in the programme file
* Conduct formative and summative assessment of all learner's work
* Discuss learning outcomes or moderation requirements with learners as the course proceeds
* Prepare/adapt appropriate teaching materials to required standards
* Identify/assess the needs of learners and if necessary adapt course content and delivery style to meet these needs, dealing appropriately with individual learner support needs
* Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of learners' progress and development
* Offer information advice and guidance on further learning and progression opportunities to learners as required
* Attend standardisation meetings.
* Where appropriate, attend internal and external moderation meetings
* Evaluate the effectiveness of learning. Assess learners' work where appropriate. Keep records of learner's progress and ensure learners are given feedback on their progress
* Ensure that all required paperwork, including registration forms, course registers and funding body registration forms are returned to the relevant person
* Responsible for the planning and preparation of delivery for all qualifications
* Be aware of any Safeguarding issues that arise and report them to the Safeguarding Officer
* Maintain contact with your manager, and inform them immediately of any changes, cancellations, or other significant problems which may arise
* Manage learner behaviour in the classroom and on organisation premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
* Maintaining a high level of delivery in meeting learner needs at all times
* Work to required deadlines set by awarding and funding bodies
* Produce daily attendance reports
* Take an active part in the formulation of the department Self-Assessment Review and QIP process
* Required to understand the impact of external factors e.g. new Security Industry Authority regulations, changes to First Aid regulations
* Required to update occupational Security competence regularly
* Administrative knowledge to complete Highfield and Maybo online databases where required as well as knowledge to deal with enquiries
* Full teaching qualifications e.g. Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector or Level 5 Diploma in Teaching and Education
* Level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics
* First Aid at Work
* Conflict Management Train the Trainer
* Physical Intervention Train the Trainer
* Relevant Industry experience and evidence of occupational competency and relevant CPD
* Excellent communication skills
* Microsoft Office Skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Flexibility to meet the needs of the business in relation to hours of work and delivery requirements
The post will be an average of 19 hours per week, however flexibility will be required as travel and overnight stays will be required.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Job Level:||Team Member|
|Application deadline:||29 March 2019|