in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Do you have the desire to work for an award winning training organisation?
Perhaps you would like a new journey undertaking a qualification to enable you to pass on your knowledge to others?
The Source Academy is a leading provider of training, development and conferencing facilities for the local community and businesses in the Sheffield and Leeds City Region. The Source was established in 2003 and since then has built a strong national reputation as a specialist apprenticeship and commercial training provider. We contribute to regional, social and economic regeneration strategies, connecting disadvantaged communities to new economic opportunities.
The Source has exciting and ambitious plans for growth over the next few years and is looking for a highly skilled and motivated individuals to join our Team.
We are looking for individuals who would like to pass on their interested based knowledge in vocational areas. Passing on your experience and work skills to employers and trainees.
If you are not currently a Tutor in Training or Education and are interested in this opportunity contact us via HRRecruitment@thesourceacademy.co.uk to find out more about a how to become a qualified Tutor.
Work Based Learning Tutors/Assessors
We are looking for Tutors, Trainers and/or Assessors to support our delivery of National apprenticeship contracts in the following employment sectors:
* Business and Administration
* Management and Leadership
* Legislative compliance licences and certificates - First Aid, Health & Safety and Moving & Handling and Hoist Training
* Customer Service and Hospitality
* Creative and Design
* Digital Technology and IT
* Employability, Literacy and Numeracy
* Sales, Retail, Marketing and Procurement
* Protective Services - Security Industry activities
* Transport, Warehousing and Logistics
* Health and Social Care
Duties will include:
* Apply 'assess, train, assess' model to support learners to successfully achieve their qualification(s) (including Functional Skills qualifications) on a timely basis. This activity is on employers premises and involves travel.
* Generate learner numbers onto Apprenticeship/Work Place programmes to support own caseloads and departmental targets
* Liaise with employers to build/maintain strong work relationships
* Support the development of the VLE and relevant teaching, training and learning resources
* Complete all relevant documentation in line with departmental procedures and contractual compliance
* Contribute to the process of self-assessment and quality improvement planning
* Assist with audits and inspections as required
* Meet with employers to discuss their training needs
* Meet with external stakeholders, i.e. Awarding Bodies, Ofsted Inspectors
* Attend and present at various events, i.e. schools, employers job fairs to promote work based learning and other areas of The Source
* Assess/judge the duration of individual learner programmes based on initial assessment outcomes
* Deliver on other funded and commercial/bespoke digital training courses as appropriate
* Judgements made to ensure that learners are retained on programmes and successfully achieve their learning programmes
* Delivering the highest standard of teaching, learning and assessment to contribute to achieving Grade 1 at Inspection
* Follow Safeguarding procedures and understand your responsibilities
* Responsible for the delivery and achievement of an average caseload of 45 learners
* Provide support/IAG to new members of the work based learning team and learners
* Ensure successful, timely delivery of WBL programmes
* Ensure all learner and employer information is treated with confidentiality
* Required to update occupational competence regularly
* Attend identified CPD sessions/events on a regular basis
* Any other duties that may be required of you from time to time
* Maths and English grade C/5 or above or equivalent
* Strong presentation and negotiation skills
* Experience of delivering a wide range of qualifications including Trade Supplier and Business Administration qualifications/training
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* A good level of administration and IT skills
* Advice & Guidance
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent organisation skills
* An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Understanding the importance of quality
* Knowledge and understanding of Awarding Body requirements
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Job Level:||Team Member|
|Application deadline:||15 March 2019|