in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly
The role will be working within the Organisation Development team in Human Resources, as part of a service that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion across the University. This post offers the opportunity to work across a broad range of equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives, as well as undertaking general business administration. Central to the success of the University are our staff. By ensuring that every staff member is valued for their individual contribution, we aim to create the right environment where each individual can flourish. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, a quick learner and able to work at pace.
Duties Will Include:
* Provide administrative support to implement action plans for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)staff, Athena Swan, and LGBT+ staff, including creating web pages, drafting communications to staff,and arranging meetings.
* Work with the staff networks, including developing marketing materials and social media accounts.
* Under direction, generate and analyse data to support all equality, diversity and inclusion priority areas.
* Maintain and develop webpages in collaboration with relevant staff.
* Set up meetings and events, including checking availability in calendars, organising room and catering bookings, and liaising with portering and audio visual staff where necessary.
* Work with the communications team to plan and draft news stories for staff.
* Keep track of news and developments in the sector, and bring them to the attention of the team.
* Undertake desktop research to support the work of the team.
* Respond professionally to a variety of queries received in person, by phone and by email.
* Provide general clerical support across the Organisation Development team as needed, including using the Microsoft Office IT suite, Google and other University systems and software as appropriate.
* Undertake training and development, where necessary, in areas relevant to main activities and responsibilities.
* Work with Athena Swan champions to support departmental Athena Swan submissions.
* As a member of our Professional staff you will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the professional behaviours set out in the Sheffield Professional Framework. .
* Able to thrive and perform effectively in a busy environment and maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
* Able to work on own initiative to a high standard.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Excellent customer service skills, with an ability to respond efficiently and effectively to phone and email enquiries which may be of a confidential or sensitive nature.
* An interest in and awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
* Ability to use a broad range of systems and software within a work setting, such as Google Apps (email, calendar, Drive, Google +) and web content.
* The ability to work with confidential information in an appropriate way.
* Flexible approach to work and the ability to prioritise own workload.
* GCSE passes or predicted at levels 4 to 5 or above including Maths & English.
* IT literate including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Hours and Wage:
* 35 Hours per week
* Mon to Friday
* £147.00 per week - £247.05 Per Week
The opportunity to apply for internal roles that arise, as appropriate. Although this role is fixed-term, numerous Apprentices have stayed on within the department upon successful completion of their Apprenticeships. Given they will be working with a wide range of staff within the University, this also creates a wealth of networking opportunities.
We're a world top-100 University renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research led learning and development. We are a member of the Russell Group of leading UK research universities. Our outstanding performance for excellent teaching and research, as part of a genuinely global community, is consistently confirmed by international independent assessments
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Application deadline:||01 February 2019|
|Start date:||11 February 2019|