in the Sheffield City Region and beyond
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly
Are you looking for a long-term career with an established multi-national business that has a track record of progressing and promoting apprentices through the ranks? If so, this appointment is designed to provide the successful applicant with a thorough understanding of all aspects Warehouse Operation and thereby create a fast track learning environment for the right candidate
Duties Will Include:
* To pick, pack, prepare and load customer orders in a safe, accurate and efficient manner in line with established business Ways of Working and KPI's
* The role involves a requirement where necessary to operate various forms of Manual Handling Equipment as appropriate including counterbalance, order pickers, pallet stackers etc.)
* Processing of all paperwork regarding incoming and outgoing orders
* Working in the despatch office
* Spending time working within other departments within Wavin in order to have a full understanding of our processes and what we offer to businesses from our sites in the UK and across Europe
* To meet minimum performance standards in terms of accuracy and efficiency relating to picking, packing, preparation and loading of customer orders
* Participate in the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement plans and projects
* Be positive towards own self development and undertake training to improve and increase skill levels
* Always Embrace and participate with the Wavin Health & Safety standards and procedures
Training will be provided in all aspects of the operational role as well as Health and Safety, Customer Services, Operation of the Warehouse Management System (SAP), Mechanical Handling Equipment (counterbalance, order pickers, pallet stackers etc.), Understanding of the Transport / delivery process, Continuous Improvement techniques
* Hard working
* Willing to learn
* Good team player
* Maths and English GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
As part of the qualification the successful candidate will undertake meaningful project duties that have been agreed with the employer. The project duties are now a requirement of the Supply Chain Warehouse Standard where the candidate will be supported throughout by their employer and work-based learning tutor.
Hours and Wage:
40 Hours Per Week. Mon - Fri (8:00am - 4:00pm)
£288.00 Per Week
Apprentice salary will go up in annual increments in operations from anniversary dates.
Opportunities can arise across the business as the business is a large UK leading manufacture
Wavin is a leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions. As one of the longest established names in the market, Wavin built its reputation on over 60 years of high quality and innovation. Wavin headquarters are in Zwolle, the Netherlands and has presence in more than 25 countries and about 30 manufacturing sites, mostly located in Europe. Wavin employs approximately 5000 people. Wavin is a subsidiary of Mexichem; a global leader in plastic piping and one of the world's largest chemical and petrochemical companies.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
|Application deadline:||18 June 2019|
|Start date:||24 June 2019|